Its Summer time, May 4th 2000, wearing light blue tshirt with jeans and sleepers moving out of MBA class with Vishal and Disha, see 5-6 graduates are fighting in front of balcony in the university. Disha who is studious and scared asked us to leave, me and Vishal are looking at the guys, one of them heard,” How dare you to touch my girlfriend?”, rest were like his real parents (Supporters) getting beaten by 3 folks who are quite strong and healthy. I asked vishal ,’ Lets stop this fight”, he agreed and we went to them and ask one of guys,”What’s the matter?”, We were quite popular in University to sort out such matters as we have experienced more heartbreak feelings in our lives. Guy responded,”He is hitting on my girlfriend”,I asked,” How can you make sure”, “I have seen them together”, he replied. I smiled and very firmly and softly looked at him, his shirt was in few pieces, blood on shirt and nose and then the girl who was little scared, requested them to have some water first, all agreed. We then sat behind MBA block, on the chairs and asked chotu to bring tea and pakoras. I was smiling and thinking,’ How true is seeing and believing?”. I asked girl(Shobha) and her boyfriend(Amit),” So what do you need now?” He said,” I wanna kill that guy”..this brings me question,’ How come once need can be created into want?’
Amit was in anger, red face and said,” Bro, you keep out of this”. I asked” What is the impact on you and others now?”..he could distinguish that he could go to jail and Shobha can anytime make other boyfriend, his parents will be in sorrow and he will have bad name..he stopped for a second and asked me” This is not my need, how come I want this?”..I smiled and answered ” To create someone’s need to want either of 5 have to be triggered” and these are :
1) Pride – ” Mr Amit, Shobha is your girl friend, How about if you both are together and she is beautiful and your friends will be jealous of you when you roam around in university and you will feel proud @ it that you protected her from bad people”
2) Profit – ” Mr Amit, you are smart and you love Shobha and she belongs to rich family, if you both get married, you will have great financial asset coming from her house, so never lose Shobha and fight for it”
3) Need – “Mr Amit, you are young guy of 20 yrs, you are smart and you can not find better partner than Shobha and she understands you and you both love each other, How can you allow someone to takeaway your love?”
4) Love – “Mr Amit, you truly love Shobha and the whole university and your parents know about it. She has come to this world only for you and you both are made for eachother. You cannot live without her”
5) Fear – “Mr Amit, you have invested your lot of time, money and efforts to bring Shobha in your life, How can you lose her?”
I asked,”Amit, you are operating from which zone above mentioned?” He smiled and realized that not only him, even Shobha and the guy with whom he had fight operates from one of these and if any of these clashes, there is clash in emotions and triggers reactions. Amit finally stood up and said sorry to other guys and all became good friends. I can see them more frequently at Chotu tea stall together sharing happier moments of their college life.